Guide for new library users
Use your ACU student or staff card to borrow from:
- Any ACU library. Fully online and distance students may be eligible to borrow and return books by post (contact us to see if you qualify)
- Other university libraries (conditions apply)
For more information, see Borrowing.
Sign in to My Library from work or from home using your ACU username and password and:
- Check the due dates for your current loans
- Renew loans
- Request items out on loan to be held for you when they return.
Developing your library skills
- Leap into Learning - is a self-guided online course in LEO. Complete the modules to learn searching, researching, referencing and evaluating skills.
- Resources by topic guides are compiled by your librarians to help you find the most useful resources for your subject
- Analysing your topic - learn how to identify key words and concepts for your topic, use synonyms to prepare a list of search terms and broaden or narrow the scope of your search
- Developing a search strategy - learn how to identify useful library resources, combine search terms, narrow or broaden your search and analyse the information you find
- Using search - learn how to use the Library's search tool to find the resources you need
- Using databases - learn how to search and use databases
- Lynda.com - learn software tools and skills through instructional videos
Facilities and Services
The Library provides a range of facilities and services, including:
- Printing and photocopying
- Computers and scanners
- Book a group study room
- Disability services and adaptive technology
Using Google at ACU
- Set Google Scholar preferences
- Google Books - Find out if ACU has a copy of a book you have found on Google Books
- Our online chat service is available 11am to 5pm weekdays during semester. Talk to a librarian and get an immediate response.
- SMS your questions to us on 0488 445660 and get a quick response
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Off-campus access